Start your New Year with $800 off to access the recordings of the last live course! (use code 04497)
After 10 weeks, you will:
- Have a simple explanation for the drastic rise in disease and know how to reverse the process.
- Gain a clear understanding of what the immune system is and how to keep it calm.
- Know which medications are causing harm and effective replacements for them.
- Grasp which diets work best for different diseases.
- Master what herbs and foods assist in preventing disease.
- Learn what supplements work for multiple diseases and disorders.
- And much more…
- All this is taught by a best-selling author who is an educator for the Institute for Functional Medicine.
You will leave with multiple step-by-step handouts for you and your patients that include…
- The Four R Gut Repair Program
- Clinical Options for SIBO (Small Intestinal Bacteria Overgrowth)
- Patient Handout: "The How’s and Why’s of Choosing Organics"
- Patient Handout: "Reducing Your Exposure to Plastics"
- Patient Handout: "Recognizing and Avoiding High FODMAP foods (for IBS)"
- Patient Handout: "Tracking your Vitamin D and K Levels"
“Just do it. It’s convenient, easy, and incredibly underpriced for what it is. It’s so worthwhile, the cost is nothing relative to what you get out of it.” – Virginia Shapiro, Functional Medicine Practitioner
Make Sense of the Data
“I found Tom’s program to be highly motivating on both a professional and personal level. Through it, I have learned extremely valuable, clinically relevant information that has now woven itself into the very foundation of my practice. I will never look at food the same way again and for this I am extremely grateful. Without a doubt, the best continuing education course I have ever taken. Hands down.” – Dr. Kerri Dow
Is Your Clinical Practice All That it Can Be?
Science is clearly demonstrating that using medications to mask symptoms is not effective medicine. We need to look at where disease is coming from and change its trajectory. As an educator for the Institute for Functional Medicine, I have watched thousands of clinicians wake up to the genius of getting to the root causes of disease. It's as if a light goes on and they see medicine (and all of life) in a whole new way. When you witness all the solid science in this program on diet, supplement, and lifestyle changes, a sense of confidence will build quickly. And when your most complicated clients get better within a few months after being ill for decades, a sense of hope will drive you and your practice to a whole new level. Time and time again, the graduates from the Progressive Practitioner Coaching program state that this course was THE thing that launched their careers. Our new live Zoom meeting format makes the PPCP even more engaging and fun.
This program is a culmination of over a decade of research and clinical experience, synthesized the latest scientific and medical data, and incorporated it into the most effective protocols—all presented in a ten-session, easy-to-access coaching program designed for busy health care professionals such as yourself.
Today’s Scientific Data, Tomorrow’s Protocols- Delivered in a Personal Format.
As a nutritional biochemistry expert, I will guide you through the sea of data and misinformation out there. My goal is to point you toward simple protocols that are clinically proven and backed by solid science. The live ZOOM meetings allow for a true mentoring experience with many lively discussions full of excited banter.
You will be exposed to scientifically proven theories that are not well-understood in conventional medicine. These include:
- The 3 primary players behind all diseases.
- How the microbiome cannot be balanced with probiotics alone.
- Why current SIBO treatments and diets are incorrect in their approaches.
- A common player behind mitochondrial disruption, the rise in food sensitivities, and methylation imbalances.
- Substances that are wiping out vitamin D stores.
- Why most supplements don’t work and why some do.
- How the obesity epidemic has little to do with the consumption of sugar.
- How arthritis and migraines may primarily be caused by food reactions.
- Why gentics of methylation (like MTHFR) come secondary to other factors in health and disease.
- The internal environment that breeds depression and anxiety.
Treat the Root – Not Just the Symptoms
As I began researching the causes behind the diseases we’re all seeing in clinical practice, I began to find how interconnected the pieces are—how the foods we consume are aggravating the most common problems being treated today, how the toxins we’re exposing ourselves to are tearing down our systems—and how the protocols many practitioners follow are simply ineffective and unsupported by the latest research.
In this program, I’ll show you—using the latest findings in science and medicine—how you can get to and address the root of your patients’ symptoms, including the following:
- Skin Disorders: urticaria, eczema, psoriasis, acne
- Bowel Diseases: IBS, IBD, celiac disease, non-celiac wheat sensitivity
- Bone Disorders: osteoporosis, osteopenia, vitamin D, vitamin K2
- Digestive Disorders: GERD, low gastric acid, pancreatic enzyme insufficiency
- Autoimmune Diseases: MS, Hashimoto’s Thyroiditis, rheumatoid arthritis
- Neurological Disorders: anxiety, depression, autism, ADHD
- Blood Sugar Metabolism: type II diabetes, insulin resistance, obesity
- Bacteriological Imbalances: SIBO, C. diff infections, H. pylori
- Food Sensitivities and Intolerances: FODMAPS, amines, gluten, dairy, soy, eggs, corn, etc…
“I am deeply impressed by how Tom Malterre synthesizes data from so many scientific fields to tell practical stories about how we can all change our practices, our lives, and the health of our planet. I highly recommend taking any opportunity you can to learn from him.” – Sara Gottfried, author of New York Times bestseller, The Hormone Cure
Work with a Master Nutritionist and Certified Functional Medicine Practitioner
Since childhood I have been fascinated by food and the role it plays in our personal and planetary health. While receiving a number of scholarships and awards, I graduated at the top of my class with bachelor’s and master’s degrees from the renowned Bastyr University.
I have studied functional medicine for the last 15 years and began the certification process 8 years ago. Not only am I a Certified Functional Medicine Practitioner with the Institute for Functional Medicine but they also employ me as an educator and facilitator for their live and online trainings. It is a true honor to pass on the immense amount of information they have taught me.
“Tom Malterre is a walking encyclopedia of nutritional and holistic medical knowledge! His knowledge spans such a wide range of topics, and I have found his help indispensable in my practice. Studying with Tom through his course has taught me so much, widened the view through which I see my patients, and has added so many helpful, down-to-earth tools to my toolbox as a practitioner. Tom has the ability to explain the biochemical reactions and physiology of the body in a detailed and yet accessible and fun way, and he leaves you feeling empowered and clear about how to implement your new knowledge for your patients. He is a joy to learn from, incredibly knowledgeable, and a very kind person. I recommend his course highly to any and all holistic practitioners and medical doctors!” – Elizabeth Thomas, L.Ac, MSOM, CHom
Functional Medicine doctors endorse Tom Malterre, MS, CN
Here's What You'll Get
Each 75-minute module gives you recordings from a live discussion, info-packed slides, and support materials that include:
- Review of scientific evidence surrounding the module subject
- Overview of both the health impact and global impact of module information
- Pertinent nutrition and supplement protocols to balance out the state of dis-ease
- Case studies that review how the material is applied
- PDF of support materials that include links to scientific articles & references, pertinent websites, and a protocol summary
- Audio (MP3) recordings
- Video Recordings (MP4)
- All participants also will be invited to a private Facebook group to engage in lively discussion about the Program topics and anything else that is relevant.
Change your practice and your life this New Year and save $800 using the code 04497.
- April 11th: Why The Drastic Rise in Disease?
- April 18th: Our Microscopic Universe: The Microbiome
- April 27th: Digestion and the GI Tract: How it Works and What Can Go Wrong
- May 2nd : SIBO (Small Intestinal Bacterial Overgrowth): Root Causes and Effective Treatments
- May 9th: Healing Diets: Low-FODMAP, SCD, GAPS, and AIP
- May 16th: The Elimination Diet: How it works and How to Help Your Patients Implement it
- May 23re: Detoxification and TILT (Toxicant Induced Loss of Tolerance)
- May 30th: Mitochondria and Energy Production: The Secret Behind Optimal Health
- June 6th: Sleep and Mood Disorders: Root Causes and Common Triggers
- June 13th: Putting it all Together: Cases Studies, Supplement Protocols, and Clinical Pearls
- BONUS June 20th : Reversing Alzheimer's Disease with the Bredesen Protocol
"Between my two science degrees from Bastyr University, my over 10 years of training at the Institute for Functional Medicine, and the countless seminars and conferences I have attended, my education is now worth over $200,000 and took 15 years of my life to acheive. This course allows you direct access to information and protocols that will literally save you years of time and hundreds of thousands of dollars. Trying to weed through all the recent information online is almost impossible. Who can you trust? What can you believe? So many experts are self-taught or online-certified. Many of them teach things they don't quite understand themselves. The material in this course was taught to me by the founders of Functional Medicine as well as hundreds of scientists and clinicians. If you are looking for a place to learn the Foundations of Funcitonal Medicine™...this is it!" ~ Tom